Major Vegetables and Root Crops Quarterly Bulletin, July-September 2019

July 2019 to September 2019

Bermuda Onion (Red Creole and Yellow Granex)

  • Bermuda onion production during the third quarter of 2019 decreased by 16.7 percent, from 12 metric tons in the same quarter of 2018 to 10 metric tons this quarter.
  • During the period, only two regions had produced bermuda onion. Cagayan Valley with production of 10 metric tons accounted for 99.5 percent of the total bermuda onion production. The remaining 0.5 percent came from Central Visayas.