The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) granted clearance for the conduct of the survey entitled "Establishment of a Walkable Davao City". The survey is proposed by the National Economic and Development Authority Regional Office XI (NEDA RO XI) and will be conducted by the Certeza Infosys Corporation (CIC).
The survey aims to gather data that will be used to evaluate the value of walking and walkability in terms of the quality of walking conditions, the degree of walking safety, and comfort and convenience of walking in Davao City. Specifically, the project will:
- develop a walkability model for Davao City that can be adaptable to other cities in Davao Region;
- identify potential areas (network of streets) in Davao City that can be developed as walkable spaces;
- enhance the capacities of NEDA RO XI technical staff to initiate and develop "walkable area" projects for other cities in Davao Region.
About 481 individuals from the barangays located within 1-km radius from the three project sites (Ecoland/Matina, Lanang, and Poblacion) will be interviewed for the survey. Aside from the individuals, representatives from business enterprises, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations will also be asked to participate in key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
The survey will utilize a total budget of PhP 288,000.00 to cover personal services, maintenance and other operating expenses, and capital outlay.
Survey results are expected to be released in April 2020.
The survey was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection,
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents,
- effect economy in statistical data collection,
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts, and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins sample individuals within the three project sites to support the said survey. Meanwhile, the PSA would like to inform the general public that the PSA is only mandated to review and clear the survey materials through the SSRCS.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division of the Standards Service with telephone numbers
(02) 8376-1928 and (02) 8376-1931, and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
For inquiries on the survey, please contact the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Division (PMED) of the NEDA RO XI with telephone numbers
(082) 296-0161 to 64 local 110/111.
CLAIRE DENNIS S. MAPA, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General