The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) granted clearance for the conduct of the survey: "Awareness of Households on Philippine Competition Commission (PCC) and Philippine Competition Act (PCA)" on 04 February 2020. On behalf of the PCC, the survey will be conducted by the PSA as a rider to the April 2020 round of the Labor Force Survey.
The survey aims to determine the awareness of households on the PCC and its mandate, and their level of involvement in PCC-related activities. The results of the survey will guide the PCC in designing strategies to enhance its advocacy and help educate private firms on the contribution of market contribution in improving consumer welfare and in enhancing market efficiency.
Major data items collected in the survey are the following:
- Awareness of PCC and PCA
- Source of information on PCC and PCA
- Preferred sources of information for local news
Around 45,000 households nationwide will be interviewed for this survey. The conduct of the survey will utilize a total budget of PHP 2.93 million.
Results of the 2018 National Awareness Survey of Households on the Philippine Competition Act and the Philippine Competition Commission showed that 4.1% of the households were aware of the PCC. On the other hand, only 0.99% of the households in 2018 were aware of the PCA.
The survey was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins the public to support the said survey.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division of the Standards Service with telephone numbers
(02) 8376-1928 and (02) 8376-1931, and email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLAIRE DENNIS S. MAPA, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
See more at the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS) landing page.